Terms & Conditions | Smiley Charity Film Awards 2024
1. The Charity Film Awards are administered and organised by Smiley Movement CIC.
2. The awards are open to the following organisations:
- Charities within the UK that are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) or the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland
- UK registered Community Interest Companies (CIC) and social enterprises
- Brands and Corporates with a CSR or ESG film.
3. Nominations can be made by the organisation itself or an agency on behalf of the organisation. Smiley Charity Film Awards reserves the right to reject any entrant that is deemed inappropriate.
4. If the nomination has not been made by the organisation then Smiley Charity Film Awards will inform the Charity/CIC/Social Enterprise/Brand/Corporate of the nomination and the Charity/CIC/Social Enterprise/Brand/Corporate will retain the right to remove the entry should it wish to.
5. The films entered in Smiley Charity Film Awards must be placed in turnover categories that reflect the Charity/CIC/Social Enterprises’ latest annual financial turnover reports as publicly published by the appropriate Charity Commission/Companies House.
6. Brands and Corporates should be placed in the Corporate Cause category.
7. Each category is open to videos or films broadcast/released between 1st September 2022 to 25th November 2023 and those entering the awards warrant that each video entered was completed and released for viewing between those dates.
8. Entries must be made by completing the entry form on the awards website (www.charityfilmawards.com) before the deadline of 5pm GMT on 6 December 2023 for UK Charities/CICs/Social Enterprises and 5pm GMT on 31 January for Corporate Cause and International Charities/CICs/Social Enterprises.
9. Following an approval process each entry submitted by a Charity/CIC/Social Enterprise will be open to a public vote. There will be technical restrictions in place to prevent repetitive voting from one source.
10. The highest scoring films within each category will become Finalists and will be reviewed and scored by our expert panel of judges. The entrants will not be given access to this information.
11. A second round of public voting for the Finalists will take place to determine the winners in the People’s Choice categories.
12. Winning entries will be those which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the panel of judges, best meet the judging criteria. Any judge, with any personal interest or in any way related to a category will not be able to cast a vote in that category.
13. The judges’ decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. Winners will be announced and receive their trophy at the awards ceremony. There will be no prior disclosure. Finalists will be notified in advance and offered complimentary tickets to attend.
15. If the awards ceremony is abandoned, cancelled or suspended in whole or in part by reason of war, fire, national emergency, labour dispute, strike, lockout, civil disturbance, inevitable accident, the non-availability of the venue premises, or any other cause not within the control of the organisers whether ejusdem generis or not, the organisers shall be under no obligation to compensate participants in any way with associated costs (e.g. hotel accommodation, pre-paid travel expenses etc).
16. The organisers reserve the right to change the venue and/or timing of the awards campaign, ceremony or the awards format at any time.
17. The organiser is Smiley Movement CIC (Company Number 11165574).
Please note these terms and conditions are subject to change.
Terms & Conditions | Smiley Charity Film Awards 2022 © Smiley Movement CIC